What can I say about Amsterdam.. it truly is one of those 'you've got to see it to believe it' places. Flying in on Friday night was always going to be trouble. Will & I made our way from the airport to Morgan's apartment, Will's round-the-world sailing mate who was currently working in Rotterdam. We arrived to an unanswered buzzer and weren't entirely sure we'd found the right place (they all look the same to me) but soon after we were greeted by Morgan and Will's other friend Ryan (who was also working on a yacht in Europe). As the boys became reacquainted, the Heineken went down a treat before we ventured out to explore the nightlife that is Amsterdam. Ancient pubs, famous cafes, 24 hour strip shows - the possibilities are endless!! My highlight: Will getting pulled on stage during one such strip show (yes 3 boys, 1 girl, I was outvoted!)and coming off stage with 'Sexy Boy' written across his chest in permanent marker. The catch? She didn't write it with her hand... I'll leave the rest to your imagination...
During my time at Blue Star Camps, my dutch friend Gertjan shared a rather patriotic song from his homeland. While some may find it offensive, we had no choice but to use it in this clip.. 'when in Rome' as they say...
No comments:
Post a Comment